Polyethylene foam is a durable, lightweight, resilient, closed-cell material. It is often used for packaging fragile goods due to its excellent vibration dampening and insulation properties. It also offers high resistance to chemicals and moisture.
Polyethylene foam is easy to process and fabricate. It has high load bearing characteristics that help manufacturers reduce packaging costs as they can use thinner and smaller amounts of foam yet still protect their products.
PE Foam Characteristics:
- Very lightweight
- Easy to fabricate
- Superb strength and tear resistance
- Excellent shock absorption & vibration dampening properties
- Impervious to mildew, mold, rot, and bacteria
- Resistant to water, chemicals, solvents & grease
- CFC free
- Excellent buoyancy
- Very cost-effective
- Excellent thermal insulation properties